We are committed to supporting the school in order to provide a nurturing and stimulating learning environment to children, staff and our community. We contribute to and work within the School Improvement and Development Plan. Governors act as a ‘critical friend’ to the school. It is important that we understand the school and its individual needs, that we support the provision of a positive learning environment and that we overview decisions made and ask questions in order to help the senior leadership team have time to reflect on whether they are taking the right course of action.
By getting to know the school one also appreciates the great demands that are placed on it. We have set up working committees, which cover different areas of the school system. Governors are responsible for:
• the strategic management of the budget
• ensuring that the school is adequately staffed including the appointment of senior staff
• ensuring that curriculum requirements are fulfilled
• making sure pupils with special educational needs are catered for
• the maintenance of the buildings and health and safety issues
• the admissions policy
• providing appropriate information for parents.
The full governing body meets once a term, and has two committees which meet regularly and through which much of the detailed work is carried out. These are Finance & Staffing and Progress & Quality.
You can contact the governors via the school office or one of the Co-Chairs of the Governing Body, Steve Chu or John Doherty by email: email@example.com